Monday, August 9, 2010

Eight, Nine, Ten

Riding 8 miles a day to and from work is kinda like listening to a Bob Dylan song. Especially early in the morning when I am still asleep, it feels trite. You're not caught with a particularly catchy melody. Then little by little the blood starts to flow, and the words formulate an ever so subdued story. In my own little Juju world I am sure he's talking about me. A pigeon directly on my track is caught off guard so it flees simultaneously in the same direction just about a foot ahead of me. The harmonica eases out from the background.

♫ I’m ready to go anywhere, I’m ready for to fade. Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way. I promise to go under it... ♫

What felt trite just a little while ago is now alive and it feels like I'm experiencing the fourth of July. But wait, it's August - I start to form a smile. Whoa, it's 8-9-10, even the date is in order.

In my imaginary agnostic lent, I recently gave up listening to my Ipod while riding. Despite the insatiable company of Bob, I thought maybe I should I listen and think to myself. I need to create some concoctions for the near future regarding my employment whereabouts. Retail is fun, but what I really wanna do is be creative. As a matter of fact I figured out how to model a cookie inside a plastic wrapper during yesterday's trip. How lustful does this look?:

cookie

I think I should take away some reflective quality from this clear plastic material, but I like how crazy shiny it is. The criss-crossing lines look to me like perfectly controlled chaos, but it's really just trial and error, with a little bit of kismet thrown in the mix. Needless to say, it doesn't look real, but whatever for all I know I'm in some inception world by Leo DiCaprio.

box

If only my renders can become real things. I would for sure just render money every chance I get, and of course spend it every chance I can. That would be sweeter than if the city of Chi mysteriously relocates itself in the middle of the pacific. I think I watch too much Lost.

2 comments:

  1. aww you made me want to listen to bob dylan but i don't have his albums in my work computer. boooo.
    this post made me miss you, let's hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure, I'll pick you up in 20 min. btw, did your mom make food I'm hungry!

    Lol that was our routine for a while. I miss hanging out with you too. Dropping you off some extra credit course on Sheridan dead in the middle of winter while listening to Like a Rolling Stone on repeat. Times...

    ReplyDelete