Saturday, April 16, 2011

Aiea Loop Trail

I'm seriously considering walking to 711 right now. It's one of those things that is always around, but lo and behold! when you need it, it's not there anymore...damn nail clipper.

As I am typing I feel my nails hitting the keys, what a weird sensation this is. I feel like I'm going to bruise the root of where my nails grow, lol. Of course I can start using the good 'ol teefth...but oh wait...I just felt my toe nails and those are long too...yeah teefth aint gonna work.

Last weekend I hiked the Aiea loop trail with some fine folks. It wasn't particularly hard. Moderate all the way and I'd actually prefer trails that gets difficult, then easy, then repeat. But it was therapeutic. I met a chameleon out in the wild. It was showing off, camouflaging  itself on the tree which it climbed. It was a sight to see and I was impressed.six
I think H-3 is the second best highway I've had the pleasure of seeing (top middle). It might be the most awe-inducing as far as scenery is concerned. My favorite, however, would have to be the interstate somewhere in Colorado. I don't have a picture of that place but what makes it special was the experience. I distinctly remember five people in a car heading to Utah. We saw mountains and lakes and a tunnel while SOL-ing (yeah, singing out loud, lol) to Tom Petty's Free Fallin while it plays on the radio. I'm not even sure if my memory serves me correct, but that was a feel good moment. In hindsight I think I was experiencing the realization that life is so much bigger than what I knew. I couldn't comprehend it then, and I thought, "wow, this could be my playground" Well, Hawaii is really something else, and it's here for me to explore.
three2
My nails are really bothering me. I suppose I am going to really going to look for my clippers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment