Thursday, April 7, 2011

Throwback

I am sitting at a cafe right on the corner of Piikoi and Waimanu st, it's called Kissaten. I didn't know up until several days ago that the word 'kissaten' actually means café. I think this is a japanese word with a very sweet connotation, much better than 'tsunami.'

Everything is just about normal around here. I am back to going to café's to do all things and nothing - blogging, Rhino-ing, render-monkey-ing, nothing. Reminds me of a time when I would get in my car to go to Jbean Coffe on Harlem and Irving, or Eisenhower Library in Harwood Heights. That was eleven months ago. This time around, though, I am rid of a car of my own and most importantly, rid of the anxiety and stress of what would be, cause right now turned out to be. Hmmm. Gotta give props to my boy Darien for getting me off my hermit ass so now I am actually doing something semi-productive.

This afternoon I got around to thinking about how it's been nearly a year since I made the leap to move here. Seems so long ago as far as how things progressed. From not having a roof on my head to getting a job after month and progressively landing the position I actively pursued within the company.

vignette

I do miss the horizontal wind. Tangibility magnified by the snow that attaches itself on just the one side of the tree. In retrospect that was kind of a sight to behold. Cold trips to Margies Candies on Western and Armitage to eat some cold snacks. The days.

Damn my ride wants to go, gotta continue next time...



3 comments:

  1. im loving these pictures and the way you talk about the cold weather. though i myself is pretty happy not to be seeing anymore of that white stuff. i've been thinking about visiting you soon. if not we should meet somewhere in the middle... like say, seattle! think about it. i need my sarsi fix. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. Seattle, that'd be cool. Let me know when you might plan on going. I planned to go there with my sister later this year, but her chances are pretty unlikely now that there might be a complication with my new nephew.

    One day though, you have to come to Hawaii. My buddy, Tom from HS, remember him? he was just here and we met up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am including myself in this said seattle excursion!

    ReplyDelete