Friday, April 22, 2011

Tryna Sleep

I'm summoning the keyboard to speak to me because I'm not sure what to type. Sometimes I read, sometimes I draw, sometimes I photoshop, but right now I'm typing cause the clock be so slow. My mind is against sleeping until it's the absolute last second before the clock tips over to less than eight hrs of rest. Then the imaginary count starts...7:59, 58, 57, dot dot dot. At around the 6:30 mark I would go for a Nyquil or Benadryl run, or if I am not feeling frugal and wanna be all natural then I would get Melatonin. The 6:30 mark is the 'now or never' moment because when I get back I would still have 6hrs to knock the eff out. After all, the potency of them things maxes out after four hrs - so my rise and shine moment the following day might still go smooth.

sleepSMOOTH, so overrated. Life is good and all, but if I can only sand paper life, you know the 800 grit fine kind, mine would be a lot smoother. I lurve sanding. The repetition of the motions along with some light mind work makes it therapeutic. I can only imagine doing that right now while listening to my 90's alternative radio on Pandora...whoa I feel calm. Sometimes I think about sanding my teeth too just to see if any yellow stain will rub off. Hahaha but I aint that dumb.

Me also has an imaginary mind scale. And right now I am weighing whether I should stop by Ross dress for less after work tomorrow and buy some draws cause I really do not feel like doing laundry. I dug around my whole room except for the hamper to find me some fresh draws. It was a success, probably the finest achievement of my day, and that's saying a lot because I finally finished the presentation booklet that I have been working on at the office for the last two weeks.

I read somewhere that when you do other things for long periods of time on the bed, your body would not know when it's actually time to sleep. As much as I adore this laptop bed tray, when I lay down for actual sleep my body is still thinking blog or Photoshop or Wikipedia. The body is a slave to the mind, and why doesn't sleeplessness occur when the sun is out. It's always harder to do things when you're suppose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment