Friday, September 27, 2013

Since the last one

It seemed short for a minute but now that it's in my thoughts, I can't remember the last thing I posted. Of course, I can just check, but what is the fun in that. I remember the moments I thought were worthy of post that never materialized. There was my fridge DIY when I perfectly covered all the rust stains on the façade using white contact paper. There was a moment when I woke up with my ipod playing a song, and I thought, "hmm, this is a fine moment." Then the strong glare of the sun made it's harsh way through my perfectly rested pupils to give it a shock, a shock worthy of the squint you make when lemon juice gets in your eye. Then my consciousness realized I am at the beach, I had forgotten where I was. It's wonderful when the goodness creeps up because the brain farted, and life is all things chill over and under, the way it's supposed to be. There was also the 2 two weeks I took off and enjoyed north shore Oahu, Maui and Kauai with my sister, nephews, brother in law and several close friends. We went up Mt Haleakala which we called 'cloud mountain' where I broke my glasses trying to take jumping pictures above the clouds. "I'm so high, my shoes are scraping the sky" as John Legend puts it. But in my case, my shoes scraped my source of clear vision - semi sad, but it was time for new spectacles anyway. I embarked on finding the perfect frames and settled on what I call my Foa glasses. It looks like it might be Koa but it's really acetate so it's fake. Hence, Foa.

I suppose what I should spend my time on should be my most recent trip back to Chi. It was great. The hustle, the bustle, the people, the style, the sky scrapers, the different atmosphere. At the end of it all, it was a trip - just that and it was conclusive. As much as I miss it all and sometimes seek it all, I think I would miss and seek Hawaii more. But back to it all, the vacation, I actually finally went up the Sears Tower (formerly but always will be). Another moment of #suchgreatheights and I have pics to show for it.

Pics below are of Joe looking above all of Chillinois. There is my dog Jethro, who is 8 yrs young but still acts like he is a 6 month old puppy. God bless Jethro, perfect symbol of fidelity, I have not seen him for over a year but in fidelity dog years, which must be the exact opposite of dog years, it's like he never skipped a beat. Still there, still my habebe, still Jethro. There is the Chicago Ave. stop of the CTA Brown Line.


The El Train was cool, it gave me the proper urban fix that I had been craving. Hiking and snapping pics all over the urban jungle was a good one week trade off of the tropical, beachy-ness of Hawaii. Key word, one week

To the left, below is a view of the skyline from the Millenium Park gardens. Below, middle is the sunset looking over the flatland called the Midwest, I caught a helicopter flying by the edge of my frame. And the last one are more buildings, for every mountain ridges and craters I have here in Hawaii there is an equivalent sky scraper in Chicago.


And so it is, the annual homecoming trip, all done and got my fix. Now I'm back in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment