Sunday, August 29, 2010

Da Hood

I noticed another thing about the locals here in HI, they all say the word 'cannot.' None of them can simply just say 'can't,' or 'won't.' I guess it all balances out, it sounds sorta sophisticated to say the whole thing instead of a contraction. And for every da kine out there who talks pidgin there is someone, somewhere, who eloquently says cannot.

I finally took some pics of the new hood. Everything is pretty close to me, bars, groceries, Chinatown, even the state capitol is within a mile.

0014772-R1-033-15_013
View from Vineyard and Pali, right around my place.

0014772-R1-035-16_014
Safeway and Longs. So overpriced, they take all my money away. But right across the street.

0014772-R1-037-17_015
University Plaza, or whatever it's called. Just a little bit past Safeway.

0014772-R1-029-13_011
In between downtown and Chinatown there is a fountain. About 4 blocks away.

0014772-R1-051-24_022
Somewhere in Maunakea Marketplace, Chinatown.

I'm a little bit frustrated that Longs, the drugstore around my place, will not let me process a film roll and put it into a CD without buying a set of prints. How oppressive is that? They wanna milk me for all my money, and their print machine's color balance is not good at all. Oh well, next time I must bike 2.5 miles to Walgreens or Walmart just so I will not have to pay for crappy prints.

1 comment:

  1. i really really like the part of you buying a house out there. heheh. i suddenly had an idea that i want to propose, but know that it would probably not pull through. ah well, one can dream.

    ReplyDelete