Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Childlike, Zen-like

The wind blew extra hard this afternoon, there were so many leaves coasting on the pool. It was actually a zen-like scene to watch the leaves float freely; I had an American Beauty moment, only instead of a white plastic bag dancing with the wind, there were multiple leaves floating on water. Best yet, I was alone. I took my time being a kid, amusing myself in the process. Instead of picking up the pool net and scooping up all the fun at once, I jumped in and chased every single one. With every motion I made the leaves swayed away in every way, except mine. It took me a while, but I caught each one until there was none. I really should have brought my camera to the pool today. All the good variables were there, and my mind took advantage and I felt like myself...my feel good all things chill self.

I had to sacrifice my flip flops the other day, or should I say 'my slippers brah.' That's how they'd say it. Me and those flip flops, we've had our moments. Unfortunately, when my Kayak flipped a mile away from the shore, in the middle of the corals, I just didn't have much choice but to let them float away - and we all floated on okay, just in separate ways. Had I known that I would get heat blisters on my feet from walking barefoot an hour later, I probably would've swam to rescue them.

0015202-R1-040-18A_019

Luckily my $10 underwater camera from Longs Drugstore was attached to the water vest I was wearing, so now I have these images to share.

0015202-R1-036-16A_017

My bliss. I was totally imagining that I was in Lost. Daniel the room mate and I went hiking once we got to the island. We found some really cool ocean rock formations, and despite my sore arms from paddling, I found my new secret spot.

0015202-R1-016-6A_007

0015202-R1-028-12A_013

I wonder what the weather is like in Chicago right now. hmmm.

1 comment: